Resident Tax in Korea

You may get the below tax notice and need to pay it by the end of August.

I need to pay 62,500 won, it's 50,000won resident tax and 12,500won(25% of the resident tax) is for local education tax.

Once a year every individual resident(4,800won), sole proprietor(50,000won) and corporations need to pay this fixed amount of resident tax, A corporation need to pay the resident tax based on sales revenue and no.of employees according to the local tax law article 74-79.

It's not a big money but need to pay on time since it's one of your tax liability in my country.

More details, please send me an email to

Recent Posts
since 1981-

Korean Tax Blog

Joseph SY Zoh

CPA, California, a member of AICPA  |  Jz Associates/Tax Accounting Firm Hae-An

F:+82-31-273-5078  |  Skype: joezoh  |  Email:

Web :  |  Blogs:

Designed by Wixweb

  • Facebook
  • Linkedin
  • Instagram
  • Google+