Filing Tax by the end of May

Do I need to file a tax return even I have only salary income?

Yes, if you had more than an employer or 2 different income sources in a year, you must file a tax return by the end of May.

Otherwise you may get a tax surprise in 2 years wherever you are, and will be a defaulter even you never know this situation since this dunning letter will could be delivered to your previous year with more than 20% penalty.

So just file by the due date to avoid such a high rate penalty but just pay a late payment penalty.

If you had such a tax arrears, your application of Visa extension can be rejected without a warning.

More questions, please feel free to send me an email to

Recent Posts
since 1981-

Korean Tax Blog

Joseph SY Zoh

CPA, California, a member of AICPA  |  Jz Associates/Tax Accounting Firm Hae-An

F:+82-31-273-5078  |  Skype: joezoh  |  Email:

Web :  |  Blogs:

Designed by Wixweb

  • Facebook
  • Linkedin
  • Instagram
  • Google+