top of page

FDI Liaison Office Establishment

Set up a not-for-profit organization is a good idea for getting the E-7 VISA in Korea, it's called a liaison office or representative office in Korea for a foreign investor who want to study for a market situation of Korea without capital injection.

This liaison office is a kind of branch, but can't do any activities for profit, only can do a kind of a cost center.

This simple organization can't issue an invoice to earn or sales but still can hire employees, and join to the social security program and so on.

This type of org. can't earn and sales something, so there is no tax liability but only for employee withholding tax return without corp.income tax return or VAT return responsibility.

A lot of foreign religious org., marketing research company, and R&D center can set up this type of org. more easily from the beginning if you need visa.

You can report the "FDI Liaison Office Establishment" at a bank, apply the tax registration and open bank account at the bank, it's relatively simple and easy to set up.

More details, please send me an email to

bottom of page